Sunday, May 30, 2010

Pulling weeds...

I don't think I can sleep. My mind is always racing after services on Sunday. All week we focus on the services coming up, so after they are over, we feel recharged and start thinking ahead to the next one, or in my case, the ever-increasing pile of Christmas music on my desk to listen to.

We had incredible worship services today! I love being in the house of God with His people, singing His praises. I love listening to the message, knowing that I have some "weeds to pull" out of my life, but also knowing that home is only "14 inches" away. I love feeling His presence, knowing that He is working in the lives of the people He loves so dearly.

Sometimes we base the success of worship services on how we "feel" things are going. But we can't do that. We have to base it on faith knowing that, regardless of how we "feel," God is working in someone's life. I reminded myself of that this morning.

When we walked out and sat down, I felt a huge weight of responsibility leading us all to worship. And a small voice inside my head said, "Anita, you cannot do this." And I replied, "You're right! I cannot do this! I am not worthy." But somewhere deep inside the Holy Spirit reminded me that God CAN work through me and all I need is faith. Not feeling...faith. He is always faithful.

And He moved in His house this morning!! He worked through the choir and Beth as they sang that beautiful song. He worked through Cheryl as she lifted up praise in a stirring offertory. He worked through Mike as he juggled TV and live sound and made everything work so flawlessly. He worked through the pastor as he challenged me then sent me right back to pull out those weeds. And He worked in so many other ways that we will never know.

But he also worked in a mighty way bringing a beautiful new family into our congregation. A family with faith.

Faith in God.

God can do amazing things through people who trust Him.

I pray that all of us take our faith on a test drive this week. Pray and read, then go out and put that faith in action. There are people all around us who need to see the love of Jesus through our actions. They need to see our faith in action.


I just posted this scripture yesterday, but it keeps going through my head. Jesus says in Matthew 25, "For I was hungry, and you fed me. I was thirsty, and you gave me a drink. I was a stranger, and you invited me into your home. I was naked, and you gave me clothing. I was sick, and you cared for me. I was in prison, and you visited me.’

 “Then these righteous ones will reply, ‘Lord, when did we ever see you hungry and feed you? Or thirsty and give you something to drink? Or a stranger and show you hospitality? Or naked and give you clothing? When did we ever see you sick or in prison and visit you?’

“And the King will say, ‘I tell you the truth, when you did it to one of the least of these my brothers and sisters, you were doing it to me!’


Let's do it unto Him.

I love you my brothers and sisters in Christ!
Anita

No comments:

Post a Comment