Thursday, June 17, 2010

Digging deeper...

Do any of you ever feel like you need to get down deeper in your relationship with Christ? Trust me, we all need to.  Just getting closer to Him and experiencing His presence all the time is an amazing thing. I was thinking about something we talked a little about in prayer time last night--having the right attitude. Having a thankful attitude in every situation really can make any situation a positive one.

I'm trying to have that attitude. It's not easy, but it's very rewarding and fulfilling when you can get it. In fact, I think it's one of the keys to being a Christian in love with Jesus.

I feel that we are experiencing a lot of attack from the enemy. You know who. It's a good thing because he knows that God is about to do something big through all of us. But he is trying to keep us from it. Instead of just backing down, let's do  few things to put him in his place, and grow deeper in our relationship with Christ.

1. Read, read, read, your Bible. And I don't mean just read for the sake of reading. Start somewhere like John, reading one chapter a night, read the whole book. Supplement that with a couple Psalms every day, starting with Psalm 1. Every emotion we could possibly face, is right there in Psalms. They transcend time and culture!

2. Pray, pray, pray without ceasing. Do you commute alone? Turn off the radio and pray during that time. Do it again on the way home. Pray every time you think about it. You'll think about it more than you think, and you'll pray more than you think.

3.  Find another Christian you can talk to about Jesus. I find that sharing that passion with another person helps both people to grow. FYI, Luis and I are seriously missing that SS sharing time, because we cannot be there. We really are praying about starting a small group to study, pray, worship during the week.

4. Worship, worship, worship. I have recently found that true, authentic, honest worship is the way to God's heart. I have felt His presence like at no other time in my life and I attribute that only to my attitude toward worship. You can also do that in the car, after you've prayed! I've been listening to "It's Your Love" by Hillsong when I take the girls to school, and I have had some awesome experiences.

5. Keep the right attitude through whatever comes at you. Ok, this is not so easy, but I promise if you do all the above things, it will be easier.

6. Now, in order to do all this, you might have to turn off TV, the computer, etc. Watch what you put in. What you put in, will come out. Did you get that? I challenge you to start this next week and really try to stick with these ideas for one week. You will see a difference, that I am sure of.

Now, imagine if all of us do all these things. They are not difficult. And they are mostly personal time things anyway. Can you imagine what God could do with us???? The possibilities are endless!!

Philippians 4:13: For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength.

EVERYTHING, you guys, EVERYTHING!!

Anita

No comments:

Post a Comment