Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Look up...


Psalm 121

A song for pilgrims ascending to Jerusalem.
 1 I look up to the mountains—
      does my help come from there?
 2 My help comes from the Lord,
      who made heaven and earth! 3 He will not let you stumble;
      the one who watches over you will not slumber.
 4 Indeed, he who watches over Israel
      never slumbers or sleeps.
 5 The Lord himself watches over you!
      The Lord stands beside you as your protective shade.
 6 The sun will not harm you by day,
      nor the moon at night.
 7 The Lord keeps you from all harm
      and watches over your life.
 8 The Lord keeps watch over you as you come and go,
      both now and forever.


I LOVE that Psalm. Having grown up here in the mountains of Western NC, I have always appreciated the beauty and majesty of these mountains. But as beautiful and glorious as they are, the One who made them is more majestic and grand! And He watches over us and keeps us from stumbling. How awesome is that!!!


But the best part, is that He will take care of us and watch over us forever. Forever:-)

I took these photos with the iphone last Sunday night after a really bad storm. They cannot capture what the sky actually looked like. The girls wanted me to play "His Glory Appears" as we took it all in.

Love you in Him...

Anita

No comments:

Post a Comment