Monday, June 7, 2010

Monday again...

Well another Sunday has come and gone, and I'm thinking ahead as usual:-)  What incredible worship services we had yesterday! I was thrilled to have Rickey Taylor lead worship with such honesty and beauty. He will be back in July, so I'm sure we will all look forward to that! And I *do* know you all want to keep him:-) It was nice for me to be able to share with him about his church and ministry there in Florida. What great things God is doing there!

Also, I am SO excited for Amy as she begins this next phase of her service. Luis and I are really jealous (in a good way) because we would love to be 26 and heading to seminary! We are all praying for you Amy and know this is such an incredible step for you and for what God has planned in your life:-) I had just asked her to pray about singing in a worship team with Luis and me! But we have the whole summer...

God was in the house last night as Blue Ridge ministered in song! If you missed it, you missed the presence of God! Just like the pastor has said many times, it's not the style of music or worship that God cares about, but that we WORSHIP Him honestly and with pure hearts. And that goes both ways guys! Thanks to all of you who supported this group by coming and supporting their ministry. We will set another date for them to come back.


We had a great rehearsal with praise band and vocalists! We have some very talented musicians taking time to use their gifts for God. He has put them here for us, and we need to support them as they grow in their gift and service for Christ. Lindsey, Ashleigh, Frances, Kevin and Greg--these are the musicians we have coming up in our church and they will be using their gifts to lead worship on Father's Day. God expects us to be faithful with the resources He has given us. Amy gave me this scripture last night, and I wanted to share it because it is so applicable in how I try to approach my job.

1 Corinthians 4, "Now, a person who is put in charge as a manager must be faithful. As for me, it matters very little how I might be evaluated by you or by any human authority. I don’t even trust my own judgment on this point. My conscience is clear, but that doesn’t prove I’m right. It is the Lord himself who will examine me and decide.  So don’t make judgments about anyone ahead of time—before the Lord returns. For he will bring our darkest secrets to light and will reveal our private motives. Then God will give to each one whatever praise is due."


So I am here to serve the Lord with all of you. Let's give Him our best and make the most of what He has so graciously given us!!

Anita

No comments:

Post a Comment