Thursday, July 15, 2010

Tell of His greatness!

Good Thursday all! I hope you are having a good week. We do have a lot of people who are sick, hurting, going through hard times. Please be in prayer for all of them...without ceasing.

I am looking forward to Sunday as we welcome Rickey Taylor back to worship with us. We will be doing some beautiful songs about Heaven from "Beulah Land" all the way to "Revelation Song." Prepare your hearts now as we come together expecting the Holy Spirit to rain down and fill us.

I finished Leviticus and have now started in Numbers. I'm telling you the second time around is like the first time. There are so many things I must have missed the first time! I'm sure the translation has something to do with that too as I read King James with New American Standard the first time. I cannot say enough about the "New Living Translation." Combine that with the Life Application study guide, and it becomes so accessible.  Did you know that the New Testament was written in basic, every day "on the street" Greek? It was not written in language that was lofty or "schooled" but for the common people. Hmm. So I encourage you to get a *translation* you can understand. I am not a fan of paraphrases, at least at the beginning,  because I think it's like using "Cliff's Notes." Remember those? But that's just my opinion.

On to something encouraging...now,  this was written by David after he had pretended to be insane in front of Abimelech.

From Psalm 34:

 1. I will praise the Lord at all times.
      I will constantly speak his praises.
 2.  I will boast only in the Lord;
      let all who are helpless take heart.
 3.  Come, let us tell of the Lord’s greatness;
      let us exalt his name together.


What a wonderful reminder as we prepare to come together to worship!

Pray, read, worship:-)

Love you ALL!

Anita

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful post Anita. I use the NLT now, too. For years I used the NIV and my pastor uses the NKJ while I love all translations and will use them in study, my everyday devotions and readings are done with the NLT. It just speaks to me. Glad you stopped by my blog, I didn't know you had this blog also. I have saved this one to my favorites, too. Have a wonderful weekend. Will you be linking to http://ioweitalltohim.blogspot.com/ for the Favorite Scripture party?

    ReplyDelete