Thursday, July 1, 2010

Thursday encouragement...

Here it is Thursday again and we are headed into another day of worship. God is so good and so faithful. I wonder how He does it. His grace and mercy are so immeasurable. Thank goodness! We need it...and we need a lot of it.

I talk about Psalms a lot because I find myself there everyday looking for passages that reflect the emotions I am feeling. The one for today is Psalm 25. I'll just be honest, it's very easy to get discouraged in ministry. And, of course, the enemy will use that to keep us all from doing God's work. I'm the kind of person who is not satisfied with status quo. I want more in my relationship with Christ. I want to read more, I want to pray more, I want to worship more. I want to do more. Then comes the enemy. He *is* satisfied with the status quo. When he sees us striving to be more like Christ, he gets mad and goes to work. Ironically, I should take comfort in that. But I'm human and some things just hurt. BTW, it's very easy to wallow around in self-pity, but we have to consciously make the effort to give it to Him and find His purpose in it. In other words, be thankful for it.

I love God. I love Him so much that all I want is to please Him. Which also gives me the desire I have to reach others for Him...however possible. My heart aches for people who do not know His love and mercy. And my heart aches for people who don't know His joy. My heart aches for people who just scratch the surface of a relationship with Jesus but never get to really experience Him. I've been in those places.

So my number one goal is to lead people to Him through my testimony and through any other means He gives me to use. And there comes Satan again trying to discourage and stir up bad feelings and keep us from being effective. In the words of David, "O Lord, I give my life to you. I trust in you, my God! Do not let me be disgraced, or let my enemies rejoice in my defeat. No one who trusts in you will ever be disgraced, but disgrace comes to those who try to deceive others. Show me the right path, O Lord;       point out the road for me to follow. Lead me by your truth and teach me, for you are the God who saves me. All day long I put my hope in you."

Whatever you are facing as you try to live for Christ is not a new problem for God. He sees all our hearts. He knows what is pure and honest. And He will show us the right path. In the end, He wins. I encourage you to keep working toward a more meaningful relationship with Him. Take refuge in Him when things get hard and pray this prayer, "May integrity and honesty protect me, for I put my hope in you."

Put your hope in Him. Then, love each other. It's not as easy as it sounds, and we are challenged when we feel hurt or attacked. But He loves us with "unfailing" love. Unfailing. I wonder how He does it. He's God.

I love ALL of you because of Him, and I lift ALL of you up in prayer as we go forward on our journey of worship:-)

Anita

No comments:

Post a Comment