Monday, March 28, 2011

Experience

God's Word sometimes makes us uncomfortable. Being a sinner myself and human, I am all too aware of that. God's Word challenges us to become more and more like Christ. As we grow in our faith, more and more light is shed on the darkness. We grow, we learn. We pass that on. Discipleship.

Wouldn't it be great if we could keep others from making the same mistakes we have made by sharing our experiences with them? Sometimes you can, sometimes not. Sometimes people don't want to hear it. I know because I was one of those people who didn't want to hear it. But thank God, He did not waiver, and His Word did not waiver. I had to make the choice to come back to Him, humbled and broken. I did, and through that, I experienced first-hand how incredible His grace, mercy and forgiveness are. Why? Because I know where He brought me from.

I believe He did that for a reason...and that reason is for me to commit everything I have to Him. That means that I share my experiences with others in hopes of helping them as they go through the same things.  And that's why today I can lean on Jesus' words from Matthew 5:

“God blesses you when people mock you and persecute you and lie about you and say all sorts of evil things against you because you are my followers. Be happy about it! Be very glad! For a great reward awaits you in heaven. And remember, the ancient prophets were persecuted in the same way."

Maybe these words will encourage you too. Don't give up. We know that we can do all things through Christ who strengthens us. How amazing He is:-)

Anita

No comments:

Post a Comment